We are seeking an Entry Level Welder (Repair Technician) to join our team!
We offer full training and great benefits from day one!
Type of work: Hourly
Schedule: We are hiring for two shifts based on your availability and preferences.
1st Shift M-F 7am-3:30pm
2nd Shift M-F 3:30pm-11:30pm
- Are a handyman passionate about finding out how things work and repairing them
- Have the ability to work in adverse conditions and a commitment to safety
- Have basic knowledge of rail car repair, the tools and equipment used in the process or are willing to learn
- Have an eye for detail
- Welds components related to tank cars including tanks, bolsters, underframes, side sills, etc.
- Performs welded repairs by utilizing air arc cutting torch and stick or wire welding equipment.
- Uses hand tools and equipment to chip and grind weld, slag or spatter.
- Repairs, straightens, removes, reworks car parts, brakes, underframes, center plates, gears, couplers, valves, etc. using various hand and power tools.
- Performs welding and mechanical repairs to tank and hopper cars when required.
- Performs physical activities that require considerable use of arms and legs and full body movement, such as lifting 50 pounds with proper body mechanics.
- Keep materials area and other work areas clean and orderly and report potential hazards.
Transco Railway Products, Inc. has been the leader in providing railcar maintenance and services to the railcar industry. We have earned the reputation for honesty, integrity, and superior quality which has allowed us to establish a committed customer base. Transco is part of Marmon - a strong, growing, global organization that consists of more than 100 autonomous manufacturing and service companies. We hare growing in Oelwein, IA!
Transco strives to be the Employer of Choice. Our generous benefits package includes:
- Benefits on Day 1
- Medical/Dental/Vision with first in class vendors
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Account (Medical and Dependent Care)
- Company Paid Benefits: Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- 4 weeks of Paid Parental Leave
- Vacation Benefits
- 401k with generous company match and additional employer annual contribution