Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
Are you ready to join a team of kicka\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\*\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\* human resources sidekicks? At EmPower HR, we are looking for dreamers, adventurers, creators, givers and believers to seek careers with us.
Hybrid work schedule
Locations: Milwaukee, WI, Schaumburg, IL, Brighton, MI, or Dublin, OH
Currently we have an opening for a Senior Benefits Consultant who is responsible for the day-to-day management of the benefit programs and serves as an internal subject matter expert for EmPower HR staff members, clients, and client’s employees. This role will serve as a Team Lead for Benefits Consultants, will work closely with the sales team in relation to new business, review the underwriting risk, educate new/existing clients on benefit options, and provide the framework for implementing client benefit programs.
- Serves as the department functional leader for the Benefits Team, collaborating effectively with cross-functional peers, bringing ideas and solutions to the team.
- Creates an exceptional client experience by following all service standards defined for responding to clients, while serving as an escalation for complex customer service cases and client escalations. Maintains quality service by enforcing quality and customer service standards, analyzing and resolving quality and customer service problems, and recommending system improvements.
Benefit Plan Procurement and Brokerage services
- Ownership for brokerage services for the team, including overseeing the process for quoting, underwriting, developing sales prospect presentations, compliance, and benefit guide creation, key liaison for sales/prospect meetings with new potential clients.
Internal Subject Matter Expertise
- Train new/existing staff on standard PEO benefit offerings, including plan designs and flexibility of offerings.
- Serve as a level three escalated point of contact and subject matter expertise for benefit issues regarding items like enrollment, coverage, claims, premium discrepancy, billing, etc.
Plan Management, Implementations, and Renewals
- Guide new clients through health and welfare benefit program implementations. This includes but is not limited to; discovery, strategic consulting to clients pertaining to plan options and cost, leveraging broker relationships, documenting client elections, communicating to internal teams about plan and open enrollment and instructing teams on set up, ensuring successful open enrollment and/or creating benefit census to import, and ensuring the on-going servicing of the client is successful.
- Become the centralized point of contact between internal teams and vendor partners (broker, carriers, third-party administrators, etc.)
Compliance Reporting, Controls, and on-going Plan Administration
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing laws and regulations and updates to legal requirements.
With EmPower HR, we’ll take care of the day-to-day responsibilities of being an employer, so you can get to the reason you’re in business. We provide HR Consulting, Risk Management and Compliance, HR Administration and Payroll, and Employee Benefits. With customized solutions, we continue to deliver what matters most to our clients.
At EmPower HR, it begins with empowering our employees. Every employee, at every level of the company, is expected to perform like a leader. Everyone is encouraged and expected to put the needs of each other above everything else. No one here just “does their job.” The mission is to create the absolute best experiences. This emphasis on putting people first has helped us successfully grow for the right reasons. We have developed an environment that attracts dreamers, adventurers, creators, givers and believers to seek career opportunities with us. We find people who believe that true happiness is only found in the service of others. We want high-performers with diverse skill-sets and big hearts. We treat each other as family and find that close collaboration creates the biggest ideas.