Weber Murphy Fox is currently seeking a Construction Project Manager with substantial construction experience to work integrally with our project focused teams in our Erie office. Qualified candidates will provide support on a variety of projects.
Work Arrangement: 40 hours per week with benefits
We desire a highly motivated candidate who works well in a fast-paced environment.
- During the pre-construction phase, attend all design meetings, continuously evaluate the materials and products being proposed for constructability and feasibility.
- Generation of estimates for the conceptual, schematics, and design development stages.
- Inspect and review projects to monitor compliance with building and safety codes, and other regulations.
- Study job specifications to determine appropriate construction means and methods and cost-effectiveness of plans.
- Research material, labor, and equipment pricing for cost estimating projects.
- Prepare and review subcontractors scope of work.
- Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes, and additions to agreements.
- Interpret and explain plans, specifications, and contract terms to others.
- Facilitate the acquisition of all necessary permits.
- Lead and direct the work of other project team members as needed.
- Take actions to deal with the results of delays, bad weather or emergencies at construction site.
- Communicate with supervisory personnel, owners, contractors, and design professionals to discuss and resolve matters such as work procedures, complaints, and construction problems.
- Coordinate closely with field staff on all aspects of project implementation.
- Deal directly with all personnel involved with the greater project team including architects, engineers, consultants, clients, construction managers and site supervisors.
- Develop and maintain budget and construction schedule for all projects assigned.
- Participate in construction job conference meetings and prepare minutes.
- Develop/track submittals, RFI's, and cost reports.
- Respond to common inquiries or issues from clients, regulatory agencies, or members of the business and general community at large.
- Foster and maintain client relations.
- Review and process subcontractor payment applications.
- Prepare and review estimates for change orders for both owners and subcontractors.
- Prepare and transmit monthly project progress and budget reports to clients.
Established in 1967, Weber Murphy Fox is an inter-disciplinary firm offering architecture, interior design, planning, landscape architecture, and construction management, targeted toward several markets including higher education, K-12, healthcare, housing, and recreation. With four offices in three states, we are a company that is motivated by our clients, our world, and by collaboratively creating environments that inspire us all.
Weber Murphy Fox is an equal opportunity employer. Our comprehensive benefit package offers a wide variety of options including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Paid Vacation, Sick and Holiday time.