Habitat for Humanity MidOhio offers retention bonuses to new employees:
$250 at 90 days of employment AND $250 at 6 months of employment
The Construction Repair Project Lead is responsible for leading AmeriCorps Crew Leads and volunteers in the direct construction process of the building and repairing of owner occupied homes to continue HFHMO’s mission of eliminating poverty housing by providing safe, simple, well-constructed housing. The focus is day to day leadership, task management, and quality control, as well as direct hands on construction.
Full-time position on-site in Habitat MidOhio service areas.
Work schedule: Tuesday - Saturday, 7:30am - 4:30pm
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• To oversee and perform the daily construction activities to complete various repair projects at owneroccupied residences
• Ensure compliance to local building codes, and adhere to HFHMO building standards and plans
• Submission of daily and weekly status reports and project plans utilizing Construction Management programs
• Educate and train general volunteers and crew leads in HFHMO construction practices and techniques
• Responsible for updating the Repair Field Superintendent on current build issues and requesting any needed items for proper completion of projects
• Ensure quality assurance for all assigned repair projects
• Follow, teach, and uphold safe building practices with volunteers on job sites according to HFHMO Safety manual and OHSA standards.
• Complete daily safety site inspections to ensure site safety for all onsite and proper documentation
• Teaching of courses in home maintenance and repair to HFHMO partner families.
• Completion of warranty work on existing HFHMO homes/projects
• Facilities maintenance at both HFHMO buildings
• Performs other duties and assignments as directed by the Construction Director or Repair Superintendent
Habitat for Humanity MidOhio’s mission is focused on bringing people together to inspire hope, build homes, empower families and develop communities.
Since 1987 Habitat for Humanity-MidOhio has served more than 700 families throughout Franklin, Licking and Madison counties. We work in partnership with low-income families to build new homes, rehab vacant houses and repair existing homes. Habitat empowers and provides the tools necessary for low-income families to achieve or save the dream of affordable homeownership. In addition to repaying a 0%-interest mortgage, partner families invest a modest down payment and 200-250 hours of sweat equity (construction labor, participating in homeownership classes, financial education training and home maintenance workshops designed to prepare the family for the responsibilities of homeownership). To further keep the homes affordable, thousands of volunteers provide the labor to construct the homes and all homes are built with energy efficient construction and sustainable building practices. Habitat is more than just a homebuilder. We are helping to break the cycle of poverty by empowering low-income working families to move beyond their situation and provide a better life for their children. Habitat is also working to stabilize and revitalize communities by redeveloping properties in neighborhoods with high rates of home foreclosures and vacancies.
Supporting our affiliate is Habitat’s ReStore, a unique resale store that sells donated building materials and home improvement products to the general public. Income generated from Habitat’s three ReStores provides an important source of funding for our mission. The ReStore has been in operation for the past 25 years and has diverted nearly 36,000 tons of useable materials from the landfill!
We offer a generous benefit package which includes competitive pay, paid time off, paid holidays, a five day work week, company paid HRA and Short Term/Long Term disability! Help support Habitat for Humanity-MidOhio’s mission to provide affordable housing to those in need AND feel great about coming to work every day knowing you are helping the community!
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY Habitat for Humanity-MidOhio is committed to building and retaining a diverse workforce. We strongly encourage qualified candidates of diverse backgrounds to apply. We believe the inclusion and amplification of our differences create a more effective workplace and a more compassionate world.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to national origin, race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, individuals with disabilities, and equally to disabled veterans and veterans of the Vietnam Era.
¤20.00 - ¤25.00 Hourly