The Repair Project Lead Apprentice will work alongside and train with experienced Project Leads (PL) with the goal of developing into a Project Lead for HFHMO repair and/or new home projects within a maximum of a two year training period. Training period could be shorter depending on experience. Project Leads are responsible for leading AmeriCorps Crew Leads and volunteers in the direct construction process of the building and repairing of owner occupied homes to continue HFHMO’s mission of eliminating poverty housing by providing safe, simple, well-constructed housing. The focus is day to day leadership, task management, and quality control, as well as direct hands on construction.
Apprentice Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following; other duties may be assigned
• To perform the daily construction activities to complete various HFHMO construction projects; projects could be owner-occupied repairs, new construction, or renovations
• To learn local building codes, and adhere to HFHMO building standards and plans
• Submission of daily and weekly status reports and project plans utilizing Construction Management programs
• Work alongside of volunteer crews, assist PL in educating, and training general volunteers and crew leads in HFHMO construction practices and techniques on jobsites
• Assist PL in updating the Repair Field Superintendent on current build issues and requesting any needed items for proper completion of projects
• Ensure quality assurance for all assigned repair projects
• Follow, teach, and uphold safe building practices with volunteers on job sites according to HFHMO Safety manual and OHSA standards.
• Assist in completion of daily safety site inspections to ensure site safety for all onsite and proper documentation
• Completion of warranty work on existing HFHMO homes/projects
• Facilities maintenance at both HFHMO buildings
• Performs other duties and assignments as directed by the Construction Director or Repair Superintendent
Habitat for Humanity MidOhio’s mission is focused on bringing people together to inspire hope, build homes, empower families and develop communities.
Since 1987 Habitat for Humanity-MidOhio has served more than 700 families throughout Franklin, Licking and Madison counties. We work in partnership with low-income families to build new homes, rehab vacant houses and repair existing homes. Habitat empowers and provides the tools necessary for low-income families to achieve or save the dream of affordable homeownership. In addition to repaying a 0%-interest mortgage, partner families invest a modest down payment and 200-250 hours of sweat equity (construction labor, participating in homeownership classes, financial education training and home maintenance workshops designed to prepare the family for the responsibilities of homeownership). To further keep the homes affordable, thousands of volunteers provide the labor to construct the homes and all homes are built with energy efficient construction and sustainable building practices. Habitat is more than just a homebuilder. We are helping to break the cycle of poverty by empowering low-income working families to move beyond their situation and provide a better life for their children. Habitat is also working to stabilize and revitalize communities by redeveloping properties in neighborhoods with high rates of home foreclosures and vacancies.
Supporting our affiliate is Habitat’s ReStore, a unique resale store that sells donated building materials and home improvement products to the general public. Income generated from Habitat’s three ReStores provides an important source of funding for our mission. The ReStore has been in operation for the past 25 years and has diverted nearly 36,000 tons of useable materials from the landfill! We offer a generous benefit package, paid vacation, five day work week and competitive pay! Working at the ReStore not only offers great benefits, it also helps keep useable materials from being left in the landfill and helps support Habitat for Humanity-MidOhio’s mission to provide affordable housing to those in need.
We offer a generous benefit package which includes competitive pay, paid time off, paid holidays, a five day work week, company paid HRA and Short Term/Long Term disability! Help support Habitat for Humanity-MidOhio’s mission to provide affordable housing to those in need AND feel great about coming to work every day knowing you are helping the community!
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY Habitat for Humanity-MidOhio is committed to building and retaining a diverse workforce. We strongly encourage qualified candidates of diverse backgrounds to apply. We believe the inclusion and amplification of our differences create a more effective workplace and a more compassionate world.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to national origin, race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, individuals with disabilities, and equally to disabled veterans and veterans of the Vietnam Era.
¤18.00 - ¤19.00 Hourly